Most people are a little afraid to sell during November thru January. Most people think you won’t sell but there are actually some great advantages. Some of those advantages are: holiday buyers tend to be more serious and competition is less fierce with
fewer homes being actively marketed.
Some tips to sell your home during the season include:
1. Price it to sell- Get a reliable agent to price your house low and well. If your looking to get rid of the house, price it right and it will sell quickly!
2. Take professional quality photos- If your photo’s look great that will benefit you and possibly save time with showings. If you have low quality phone pictures it is harder for buyers to picture it as their own home.
3. Create a video tour for the Web- Shooting a video tour and posting it on the Web may attract house hunters who don’t have time to physically see your home or would rather not drive in a snowstorm.
4. Seek out motivated buyers- Anyone house hunting during the holidays must have a good reason for doing so. Work with your agent to target buyers on a deadline.
5. Decorate the house- Homes often look their best during the holidays, but try and keep the decorations more neutral not to offend any potential buyers!